Monday, October 15, 2007

My Triumphant Return!

I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything I want to do. I've done so much good eating in the last couple of months, but my focus has been on getting my Brownie troop running for the year.
I'll start with a little bit about this weekend and see if I can hit some other highlights. Tim & I spent Saturday touring Richmond- we saw The Jefferson hotel (where Tim was a fancy pants waiter), toured the VCU campus, checked out the shops in Carytown and managed to work in a couple of meals. First stop- lunch at the 3rd Street Diner. Solid diner food- I had a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato.

After touring (and making some room), we had an early dinner at the Strawberry Street Cafe. I ordered the chicken pot pie to make up for the abysmal pot pie I had at the Birchmere during Henry Rollins (I really should have known better).

A few notes on what I've left out over the past couple of months. Hot as all hell Houston with gigantic-sits-like-a-brick Pappas burgers and then, Papas BBQ. I only wish I had a picture of the kolaches. Two weekends ago- our "cute" tailgate before the Georgia Tech-Maryland Game. Chik Fil-A nuggets and pimento cheese were highlights- along with Elizabeth's "Go Jackets" M&M cookies.
I don't want to breeze through dinner at Proof last week- anyone want to guest post about what we ate?

No comments: