Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Breakfast- Great Depression Style

The cupboard was bare. The only thing we had to eat for breakfast this morning: the two remaining heels of bread, toasted with peanut butter. I had mine with strawberry preserves, but TBC (should I just go ahead and call him Tim?) had his with honey. Tim's love for honey rivals that of Winnie the Pooh's.
Last night we ordered Cafe Asia for dinner. Because there are some things we just can't share, we each had our own order of steamed vegetable gyoza & grilled lime chicken. Erin and Tu aptly refer to Cafe Asia as "room service" - we probably order from them about every 10 days. You know what I discovered last night? I have a hard time eating grilled chicken and watching a zombie eat human flesh at the same time!

A mini- Whole Foods trip was in order- just a few basics until I can get some produce from the farmer's market tomorrow. One of my go-to easy weeknight dinners is a doctored-up Amy's Organic pizza. I sauteed a sliced red pepper in olive oil with a thinly sliced shallot to top the mushroom and black olive pizza. I made a quick salad to go with and called it a night. I think tonight will be the last night of engagement cake for dessert. I'm kind of relieved. While I don't plan to undertake a major diet in the time between now and when we get married (so weird to write that), we do need to start make some better eating decisions. Maybe that means I can't have both wine AND and an ice cream sandwich every night.

P.S. I almost forgot about today's food highlight. Tracey made chocolate cake pie (or "magic" chocolate cake pie, as I would like to call it.) Cake & Pie! At the same time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm... honey!