Monday, June 18, 2007

Shredded Chicken with Ginger and Cilantro


For dinner tonight I used this Gourmet recipe for inspiration: Shredded Chicken with Ginger and Cilantro. The recipe was my starting point, but I modified it to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand. I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods yesterday and shredded it rather than poaching chicken breasts. It made the process faster for a week night meal.

For the dressing I used a combination of thai red chili paste, a couple of garlic cloves, grated ginger, sesame oil, a few squirts of Sriracha hot sauce, the juice of one lime and kosher salt. I still used at least a cup of cilantro.

To accompany the chicken I whomped up some quick peanut noodles with leftover whole wheat pasta from last night. My quickie version of peanut sauce included peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic & a little white wine vinegar.

Finally, I made a salad with radishes from my farmer's market trip. Even though it wasn't thematically appropriate, I tossed the radishes with kosher salt and truffle vinegar a friend brought me from her trip to France. I used the radishes to top mixed greens that were dressed in vinaigrette made with the truffle vinegar and olive oil that a different friend brought me from Spain (edible gifts are the best!)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Blog!! Chopping up an already cooked rotisserie chicken is literally the only "gourmet secret" I have. Perhaps not as innovative as I thought, but it does stop me from eating bad fast food after work every night.
Yay for Raskia making the top ten list, too! I need to get back there.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Promise I'll be a regular visitor this summer.

Anonymous said...

Good post.