Sunday, July 29, 2007

Busy Weekend Part One- Snow White Grill

The Snow White Grill completely lived up to my expectations. Tim insisted we eat inside to get the full experience, even if it meant waiting. Only a short wait was required before we were seated at the counter. The entire establishment, which opened in 1949, is about 12-15 feet wide- the width of the alley in which it was constructed. I had three lovely mini-burgers (2 with cheese, 1 deluxe w/ lettuce & tomato), some passable french fries and a birch beer.
As for the burgers, think White Castle or Krystal, but a few notches above. I know mini-burgers are pretty passe these days, but I still love them. Because I don't eat very much red meat (I virtually never prepare it at home)- a couple of mini-burgers hit the spot. Here's my current ranking of diminutive hamburgers:

1) Matchbox, 2) Eat Bar- tie, 2) Snow White Grill- tie, 3) White Castle, 4) Krystal. I'm up for adding more to my list if I'm missing anything. Suggestions? I'm embarrassed to admit that my visit to Eat Bar on Friday night with the Brownie moms included one last mini-burger for the day. It was completely different from Snow White Grill, but as I've mentioned before, I like the caramelized onions and truffle butter.

No comments: