Sunday, July 8, 2007

Tour of Meats

I'm a little behind on updating this week. I feel like I have to confess that I've been reading indiebride forums until my eyes bleed, and less focused on what I'm eating this week, which I think will become pretty obvious when you see what I've been up to!

Isn't July the number one month for hot dog consumption? I'm definitely holding up my end of the deal. This past week has been a big one for grilling and eating some patriotic meals.

Tuesday- Tracey's Luau
Grilled hamburger & special cake (see wedding blog for more)

Wednesday-Happy Birthday America
A butter fried hot dog- really. It was as delicious as it sounds (because it rained on our grilling attempts, I decided to cook the hot dogs in my cast iron with a little bit of butter). I also had a few ribs.

Friday- Tim's Tour of "Irelington" Bar Crawl
Sadly no grilled meats. I did have a couple of wings, though, and I think that counts for something.

Saturday-Nationals Game
Italian Sausage w/ peppers and onions. They've changed the buns though, which I'm not happy about. Although they're bigger now, they're also flimsy and prone to sogginess.

Yum, but now I'm ready for a salad. Actually, tonight we'll be enjoying some farmer's market acquisitions- caprese salad on baguette with Mozzerella from Blue Ridge Dairy.
"Blue Ridge Dairy's farmhouse mozzarella was voted third best at the 19th annual conference of the American Cheese Society."

No comments: